[Sca-cooks] How do you reconstitute dried chestnuts?

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 15 19:35:21 PST 2007

>> I know this is probably a "well duh, that was the first place I looked",
>> but here in Pittsburgh, Italian grocery stores often have canned (or
>> otherwise preserved) chestnuts. If you haven't looked, it might be worth
>> checking.
>>
>> toodles, margaret
>>

> I didn't see any canned chestnuts, just water chestnuts.  But I will look out for them for
> future use.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any Italian grocery stores here.  Mexican, yes.
> Chinese/Asian/Japanese, tons.  Middle-eastern and Indian, lots. High-end specialty, yes.
> Italian, not for a long time.
>
> Huette
I got a pet Italian grocery store in Burbank,  they have all the stuff
you normally need to go to NYC to find.  My Brooklynese father loves
this place, it's the "taste of home" he's been looking for all these years.
Pinocchio restaurant and store,
3103 W Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505-3046
Phone: (818) 845-3517

Chinese markets should have chestnuts this time of year too.  On the
other hand, any excuse is a good excuse for an excursion to Somis!  Well
"nuts to you" my dear, hope you found treasures.

Selene