[Sca-cooks] Sarten, was Fadalat: Stuffed Eggs

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 6 19:00:32 PDT 2007

Suey wrote:
>A "sarten" was like a paella pan. There is a photo of a "sarten" in the
>third row down and third from left to right at this site:
>http://images.google.cl/images?svnum=10&um=1&hl=es&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=sarten+medieval&btnG=B%C3%BAsqueda+de+im%C3%A1genes

On my computer and in my browser, the 3rd row down, 3rd picture from
the left is a somewhat naughty looking cartoon... ok, it was the
first time. Each time i go back, the pictures are in a slightly
different order...

So, do you mean:
http://www.elrollodecepeda.org/img/cc_trevedes.gif
(and, hey, live-fire cooks, this is a cool and informative set up of
a long-handled frying pan on a support over a real fire. I think this
is probably like what was meant in the recipe...)

Or this:
http://perso.wanadoo.es/charrito/sarten_small.jpg
(the owner of the website uses this as a musical instrument, but it's
clearly a cooking pan)

Or this:
http://www.saludyturismorural.com/spa/item/resource/Benarum_casas_rurales_guia_gastronomia_03.jpg
(a basic generic paella pan)