[Sca-cooks] UK's 10 Oldest Recipes

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 17 17:57:38 PDT 2007

I believe SkyTV is a Rupert Murdock enterprise, so maybe it will show up on
Fox.

If you look a little further down the article, the cinnamon sauce is based
on a medieval quotation.  Obviously the author of the piece has no sense of
historic change.

I also wonder about the chives.  They're of Eurasian origin and migrated to
Greece and Italy.  I wonder if they were in England during the Neolithic.  I
can't recall any archeological evidence for them and without it, I would
place their entry into the British Isles no earlier than 2000 BCE with the
Mycenean tin trade.  I need to do some checking on the data.

Bear