[Sca-cooks] non-period and non-food subjects

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:47:05 PDT 2007

    I think this is getting a little out of hand. My understanding is
that SCA Cooks is an organization to discuss Medieval and Renaissance
food. Death rates during this period due to unbalanced nutrition, for
example, is an acceptable topic for me but not period or current
mortality caused by births that unless diet orientated. I do not
consider Pirates' Day, Peace Day or other subjects brought up of late
which are not related to period of food orientated topics acceptable
even if a bottle of rum is thrown in. A few months ago someone
complained about a message of mine being too wordy. Not only do I see
the point but also find it disconcerting when hungry for knowledge about
period foods, cooking and related customs to have to weigh through
non-pertinent information.
    Please correct me if my idea of the purpose of SCA Cooks is erroneous.
Suey