[Sca-cooks] lamb recipe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 19 23:38:42 PDT 2007

Shannon asked for lamb recipes:

<<< I have a question.  I am new to this list and new to the SCA. >>>

Welcome to SCA-cooks and to the SCA!

If you've not visited there, you might be interested in looking
through the NEWCOMERS section in my Florlegium site. The address is
given in my signature line below.

<<< I have access to lamb and would like to know a few recipes.  >>>

Check this file in the FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium:
lamb-mutton-msg  (136K)  7/29/06    Medieval lamb and mutton. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/lamb-mutton-msg.html

Also, something to keep in mind is that what is sold as "lamb" today
is likely much older and probably has a stronger taste than what was
sold and called out as "lamb" in the medieval recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com