[Sca-cooks] bread recipe in Fadalat al-Jiwan fi Tayyibat al-t'aam wa-l-alwan

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 4 19:12:54 PDT 2007

Urtatim mentioned:
<<< I wonder if it might be from Fadalat al-Jiwan fi
Tayyibat al-t'aam wa-l-alwan (Highlights of the
table, on dishes and stews) by Abu l-Hasan 'Ali
ibn Muhammad ibn Abi l-Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn Abi
Bakr ibn al-Andalusi Razin al-Tuyibi, and
Andalusi from Murcia, between 1228 and 1243.

Some recipes from this book are reproduced in Spanish on:
http://www.elsgnoms.com/receptes/arabigo.html
apparently from:
Fernando de la Granja Santamar?a
"La cocina arabigoandaluza seg?n un manuscrito in?dito." Tesis doctoral.
Madrid, Facultad de Filosof?a y Letras, 1960

It even includes a bread recipe and a couscous recipe. >>>

So which one is the bread recipe?

With only about a dozen period bread recipes known, and maybe about
half of those in the Florilegium, I'd love to add another. I'm afraid
my Spanish is so bad I can't even tell which one is the bread recipe.
But I can add the original recipe and perhaps someone else can
translate it in the future.  Or if someone here would like to do that
now, that would be even better. Suey? Lady Brighid?

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas