[Sca-cooks] OT-OP-help for ideas, please

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Sep 23 09:31:27 PDT 2007

When my grandmother (aged 90+ at the time) had stomach troubles, she liked
applesauce, oatmeal, juice, and buttermilk (also spinach, but that doesn't
fall into the parameters here). Oatmeal and applesauce is pretty good eats,
and various powders and vitamins can be added to it. Also oatmeal and
yogurt (especially the fruit flavored ones) is really tasty and can take
the same additives.

One other possibility -- ask him what his mother gave him when he was
little when he was sick. You might find some surprising likes that he'll
want to eat.

Good luck and all my sympathies to you and your grandfather. It's a hard
place where you all are...

toodles, margaret

--On Sunday, September 23, 2007 9:16 AM -0700 Dan Brewer