[Sca-cooks] Modern Bulgur

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 19:06:50 PDT 2007

This isn't Medieval, but it doessound like an interesting recipe.  This was the lead-in for it:

  A staple grain of Lebanese cooking, bulgur is made by parboiling, drying and coarsely grinding or cracking wheat berries. Don’t confuse bulgur with cracked wheat, which is simply that—cracked wheat. Since the parboiling step is skipped, cracked wheat must be cooked for up to an hour whereas bulgur simply needs a quick soak in hot water for most uses. Look for it in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets, near other grains, or online at kalustyans.com, lebaneseproducts.com.

  http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/bulgur_ginger_orange.html?utm_source=EWTWNL

  Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana) http://narrental.home.comcast.net
  Middle Kingdom

  The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark." -- Michaelangelo