[Sca-cooks] Late period Italian Feast

Maria Buchanan scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 10 11:24:43 PDT 2008

HEHEHE That's great.
If you want to do a Catherine de'Medici theme,
remember several things ...
1.  Catherine was part French.  Her mother was from
France.
2.  Catherine's pastry chef was an Italian, Popelini.
He created the Choux pastry recipe.  Cream puffs are
period if you use some sort of sweet or savory filling
that would be period.  (I've used Ricotta mixed with
Honey or cinnamon and sugar or lemon curd.  All are
really good.)

Let me know how you do with the feast.  Wish I could
come.

Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici
Maria Bulgarelli Buchanan
Kingdom of Ansteorra