[Sca-cooks] Late period Italian Feast

Melbrigda melbrigda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 10:03:13 PDT 2008

Our shire has been awarded the 30 Year Celebration for Meridies this year.
We put our name in the hat as a "eh, they aren't going to give it to us
because we are doing May Crown List, are at the very bottom of the kingdom
and the weekend after a major event, but let's throw our name in the hat for
S&G's."  The theme of the event is "Daggers and Hemlock: Medici Mayhem" and
is a late period Italian event.  I had originally thought I would do a
Platina feast since I know quite a few of the recipes well enough and it's
fairly easy.  But now I'm rethinking that and think I want to do a good late
period feast ala Catherine at the French court type feast.  Can someone
point me to some good resources?  This is really out of my scope and I've
only done a bit of periphery reading on that period of food.  The event will
be over Labor Day weekend and we are planning on having 2 feasts, although
the feast for Sunday night is fairly set (and will be quite, um,
interesting)  This is sort of a combined event.  Our annual assassins event
coupled with a celebration of 30 years of Meridies.

I'm also looking for a good subtlety for this event.  I'm thinking
incorporating our kingdom's colors (black and white) or something with
stars.

--
Mel.
The Honorable Lady Melbrigða i Granbý