[Sca-cooks] Late period Italian Feast

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Apr 13 10:02:23 PDT 2008

There's the Florilegium of course and there are pamphlets by
the Madrone Culinary Guild including French Renaissance
http://www.liripipe.com/mcg/

If you read Italian, you could buy a copy of the Scappi facsimile.
Otherwise might I suggest for Late period Italian-- see Mistress
Helewyse's website at
http://www.geocities.com/helewyse/

French-- Do you read French?
Doc's website at  http://www.medievalcookery.com/etexts.shtm  lists a
number of works
including his rough translation of /"Ouverture de Cuisine"/ based on
this transcription
<http://homepage.univie.ac.at/thomas.gloning/tx/ouv3.htm> by Thomas
Gloning et. al.
Ouverture was published in 1604 but Scully dates it as being from around
1585. It's another one of these manuscripts
published  after the author's death.

There are a number of subtleties listed there at the end of Ouverture.
Otherwise there is a
Yahoo SCA Subtleties list which can be contacted at:
SCA_Subtleties-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

Hope this helps

Johnnae