[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Subtlety Contest

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 14 17:26:15 PDT 2008

Greetings!  I have spoken with Master Erwillian the Bard about the next
Pennsic subtlety contest and have a few pieces of information that might
help your planning if you are going to Pennsic and want to enter the
contest.  This will be the 10th anniversary (I believe it is of House
Bardicci, not the subtlety competition).  The theme is most likely to be
"the Muses" with the idea being a "decade of decadence".  He swore he would
get back to me and I will let you know when I hear anything else.  I had
asked about whether the subtlety needed to be completly edible or if some
parts could be inedible.  He wasn't certain and said they'd discuss it.  It
sounded as if there might be separate categories for edible things and one
for "it could have been edible but isn't edible now" (as in sugar paste
sprayed with laquer).

>From last year's announcement:  Casa Bardicci is an Italian villa with an
"opulent Italian board.  Imaginative and well-researched works are highly
encouraged...Field subtleties that can stand up to the rigors of War are
highly recommended."

So... there is the theme for them what wants to plan ahead...

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/