[Sca-cooks] health dept. and coolers RE: kitchen tips

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Aug 21 11:41:02 PDT 2008

The site I quoted was the first and easiest to get to off Google that 
gave the information
on " hold hot foods kept above 140° F  and cold foods below 40° F."
Try instead
The following Food Safety and Inspection Service
(FSIS) guide 

Or check-out
*Gateway to Government Food Safety Information* at: www.foodsafety.gov 

Actually what public health codes our feasts and lunch taverns fall 
under varies widely now from place to place.
Some sites actually require that you get a temporary license. Some 
schools will let you use their kitchens if
you pull a permit. Others require that you use their catering staff. 
Other jurisdictions don't care.
Adding a liquor license to the event can result in more restrictions.


Nick Sasso wrote:
> -----Original Message-----
> I agree with knowing your local food rules but... the site you gave (though
> helpful) is for people selling food to the public. We come under the same
> category as church fundraising suppers with our feasts, Inns are a slight
> gray area, but having a food booth like at a Library Renfest comes under the
> local Health Department. There are exceptions to the latter.snipped
> niccolo difrancesco

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list