[Sca-cooks] Curry was Why *X* and not *Y*?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Aug 3 13:02:41 PDT 2008

In terms of recent books on curries,
David Brown put their hardbound copies of Collingham's
Curry. A Tale of Cooks & Conquerors recently and I picked
up copy. It's here, not that I have had time to read it.
Otherwise, there's  Curry: The Story of the Nation's Favorite Dish, 2008
and 2004's Star of India: The Spicy Adventures of Curry.  Coming out in
December will be The Road to Vindaloo: Curry Cooks and Curry Books which
will
be published by Prospect Books.

Johnnae, playing librarian