[Sca-cooks] Sausage stuffing & Small mead

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 11:11:09 PST 2008

Looking at the Tudor Cook's blog I think their sausage
stuffing is rather labor intensive. They don't use any
stuffing accessory and do it all with just the hands.
They also mince and not grind the meat. Interesting. I
left a comment on some of this on the website.

For something totally different, I tasted my small mead
that I'd made last week and it was very nice but surprising.
I expected it to be rather cloying and sweet but there is
very little sweetness to it. The mead is effervescent
and tastes almost like a very light beer.  It's good and
refreshing and there is very little alcohol. Totally not
what I expected. I hope it is a hit at A&S.

The mead was made with honey, orange peel, fresh
ginger, water and ale yeast since that is what the
recipe from Digby called for.

I really like it and will probably make more for general
consumption during tourney season.

Gunthar