[Sca-cooks] Gunthar's reception.....

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 11 18:19:14 PST 2008

In some ways, I think the SCA operates closer to the French idea of nobility
than the English system we've adopted for the Chivalry.  Noblesse par
chevalerie seems to cover a wider range than just knights (say Laurels and
Court Baronages), while noblesse de robe matches nicely with Pelicans and
noblesse par fiefs does for the landeds.  Not really something I'm
knowledgeable in, but a casual encounter with concepts leads to some
interesting ideas.

Bear