[Sca-cooks] New Zealand

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 24 23:13:43 PST 2008

Antonia Calvo commented:
<<< Well, keep in mind I'm in New Zealand and costs are higher here--
NZ$10-15 is about par for the course.

The last feast I did I had $20 per adult and spent it all, but we had
chicken, veal, lamb, fresh tuna, sirloin, prosciutto, gourmet cheeses,
peaches, melons, grapes, cherries, four kinds of salad, -- basically,
whatever the Hell I felt like buying.  (I actually bought an awful lot
of meat, but I think they all skipped lunch or something, 'cos they ate
pretty much everything).>>>

Wow. I want to come to New Zealand for one of your feasts. :-)  Too
bad the airline ticket would be so pricey. The same goes with
visiting Lochac.

I assume that the lamb was locally grown, which would probably make
it cheaper. Lamb is rather expensive in Ansteorra, when you can find
it. Fresh tuna, sirloin, prosciutto!, gourmet cheeses.

What were the four kinds of salad that you served? With all the
carnivores here in Ansteorra though, I'm not sure how well that would
go over.

Or do you have a feast report of this last feast? I've put a number
of those that have been posted here in the Florilegium and think
there are those that would be interested in hearing more about this
feast, especially since it is in a far off region. The same goes with
the SCA there. I wonder if it comes closer to Lochac or it's home
kingdom (Caid?).

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas