[Sca-cooks] Feast Thanks and Feasts

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Tue Feb 19 15:40:06 PST 2008

It has been interesting to listen to a few opinions of thanks, or the lack
there of, at feasts. I do not recall any time that I have not been brought
out, as a Head Cook, and thanked for the feast by the Royals.

However, as Head Cook, I believe it is my responsibility to make sure that
my kitchen staff get the acknowledgement they deserve. I ask the Royalty
present if I might address the populace (which is always granted), then
make sure that I give my personal thanks to the staff and present each
person with a small token of my thanks. I have only recently begun to do
this, but there are always things I learn with each feast I do.

Euriol