[Sca-cooks] Possibly the best thing I ever cooked

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 6 14:24:30 PST 2008

Well, according to people who attended the feast, anyway.  The source is
Platina's _On Right Pleasure and Good Health_.

"Season fresh tuna with ground pepper, cinnamon, and coriander, onion
cooked and cut up, vinegar, honey, and oil. "(X.2)

For a sauce, I toasted coriander seeds in a pan and then crushed them
coarsely.  I combined roughly equal quantities of honey, olive oil, and
red wine vinegar and then stirred in the coriander.  I sprinkled tuna
steaks well with cinnamon and pepper and seared them with a little oil
in a fairly hot pan, leaving them somewhat pink in the centre.  To
serve, I sliced the steaks into strips and topped them with some sauteed
white onion and poured a little of the sauce over it.

Extra delicious with fennel salad.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,