[Sca-cooks] Sausage results

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 08:46:18 PST 2008

> As I was stuffing the sausage and making the quart of mustard I had
> to keep telling myself that I don't need to do feast amounts for an
> A&S display!
> But there should be enough for people to sample.
>
> Display:
> Zervelat
> Mustard from Le Menaigier de Paris
> Cheese
> Manchet roll
> Capon Stwd from the Harleian manuscript
> Beef Pottage (Egredouncye) from Two 15th Century Cookery Books
> Boiled Salad from Markham
> Makke from The Forme of Cury
> New Peas from Le Menaigier de Paris
> Small Mead from Digby
>
> All done as period as possible, even in period cookware (on my electric
> stove).
>
> I know this looks familiar and I'm getting kind of tired of doing this meal
> but it was the display I used for Laurel's Prize Tourney and my Laurels
> told me to recreate it for Kingdom with notes on things that have
> changed and what I have learned between those two events. Since
> the LPT display was partly an exercise in things I've never done I think
> it's kind of a cool concept.

Being unfamiliar with the concept of a Laurel's Prize Tourney I would
be very interested in hearing more about what and why you have put
together what you have. Is there written Documentation done/required?
If so, would it be possible to get an electronic copy? I would also be
very interested in hearing more about your research into period
grinding vs chopping. You are doing some very interesting stuff. Even
if I cannot taste it (woe is me) I would love to see what all is
behind it.

Grazie,

--
Serena da Riva