[Sca-cooks] GERMAN SPECIALTIES book

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Jan 31 13:22:19 PST 2008

I am looking for I found a book referenced in the Florilegium.  Does anyone know an ISBN for this book?  I couldn't find it on Amazon, ABE books, Worldcat, or a google search.   It was posted by Kappler, MMC Richard A. or "Puck".  Is he still on the list?
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Germany-msg.html

GERMAN SPECIALTIES; A Culinary Journey
Christine Metzger, Editor
Covers the history of German cuisine in text and thousands of
illustrations including the evolution of the art of cooking, and the
origin, variety, production., and consumption of foods. Includes many
recipes for complete meals. 1997: 680 pages, ca. 3,000 illustrations.

I found this one, but while a similar subject, it appears to be a different book.
Culinaria Germany (ISBN: 9783833141140) Christine Metzger
Book Description: Konemann, 2007. Illustrated Laminated Boards. Book Condition: As New. Dust Jacket Condition: As New. 225 x 260mm. 460pp, gneral index, Recipe Index. Nmerous colour plates. Provides a host of recipes, cooking methods and secrets fom all the regions of Germany. Softback.

Searching Worldcat with the author's name and 1997 found this,  which could be the same book in German.
Deutsche Spezialitäten /
Ruprecht Stempell;  Christoph Büschel;  Sasa Fuis;  Peter Feierabend;  Michael Ditter
1997  German  Book 2 v. : col. ill. ; 32 cm.
Köln : Könemann, ; ISBN: 3829000014 9783829000017
Description of historical regional cuisines of Germany, organized by states.

Ranvaig