[Sca-cooks] Why X and not Y

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 28 14:32:00 PDT 2008

On Jul 28, 2008, at 4:38 PM, Nick Sasso wrote:

> [...]

There's a slightly seedy coffee shop (seedy in layout and equipment
age, but still nice and clean) on Second Avenue and maybe 113th Street
in Manhattan named Sandy's, and they cater to a largely Dominican and
Puerto Rican (some Cubans, too) crowd, and while this is not exactly a
classic "Ohh, goody, look, weird food!" alert, I had occasion to
describe them this weekend as having a window display that resembles
what you might get if you shoved an incendiary grenade up the rump of
a large hog... it's all there, in different shapes and sizes, most of
them hot and crispy...

The last time we were in that area, visiting a prospective high school
for the evil Spawn, it must have been, we had those pressed Cuban
sandwiches, each of which must have contained about two pounds of
pernil al horno (think of pulled pork barbecue in roasted garlic sauce
for an approximate flavor profile), for something like $3.

Apparently nobody told these people how expensive it is to live in New
York...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter