[Sca-cooks] Prayers for recipe timing

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Fri Jun 6 08:16:30 PDT 2008

Ova tuffate con la sua cortece.
Metti le ova fresche in l'acqua freda, et falle bollire per spatio
d'un paternostro o un poco più, et cavale fore.

You are right you put the egg in cold water and boil for the space of
a pater noster.

So once the water comes to a boil let it do so for 20, 30 or 60
seconds depending on how you chant the pater noster.

I think I will be eating soft boiled eggs this morning. Three of them
at each of the intervals.

Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST
REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.com