[Sca-cooks] Recipe Deal Breakers

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jun 6 13:29:42 PDT 2008

S CLEMENGER wrote:
> When I first started doing SCA cooking, I had a horrible time with ooky
> textures--skinning chicken, mixing or shaping ground meat.  Not the fault of
> the food...I simply have a horrible time with the texture thing--almost a
> phobia, although repeated exposure (and needing to bone and skin 40 lbs of
> chicken one time) has largely gotten me over it.

I absolutely flat-out refuse to do deboning.  I'm not very good at it,
and it takes all damn day.  If I can get it boneless from the butcher,
fine, otherwise, it's either bone-in or make something else.
Fortunately, this is really never a problem-- deboning is what butchers
do, after all :-)

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo