[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Amtrak Travel (was RE: OOP Bananas)

Woodrow Hill asim at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 19 12:42:38 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 13:08, Lilinah <lilinah at earthlink.net> wrote:
> niccolo wrote:

> Question: When i went from (essentially) Berkeley to San Diego in 1994 (a
> more than 12 hour trip), there was only greasy major corp. fast food on the
> train, but i gather that longer trips have dining cars. What sort of food to
> they have? I didn't see a menu on the AmTrak website last night, but i may
> have missed it.

Believe it or not, it's actually pretty decent.  I took a train 3
years ago from NC to Philly, and the Washington-to-PA segment, as I
recall, had a dining car.  I had French Toast, and it wasn't bad --
basic restaurant fair, if you will.

----asim

--
The Politics of Dancing: http://apostate.raqsstorm.org