[Sca-cooks] tajine?

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 27 17:43:34 PDT 2008

Suey wrote:
>And regarding books... and a translation into Spanish of an Anonymous
>Manuscript about Spanish-Maghrebi Cuisine from the XIII century. (The
>last one is a really beautiful book, I don't know if it's some English
>translation as well).

Is that Huici Miranda's translation?  If so, there is an English version
that Charles Perry did (using what several of us had already translated
from the Spanish).  Huici Miranda's Spanish translation has some errors in
it where he, according to Perry, mis-read the Arabic manuscript he was
using.  Perry notes those areas in his English translation which is in Duke
Cariadoc's "Collection of Medieval and Renaissance Cookbooks".  I believe
we discussed this a few months ago.

Alys K.

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com