[Sca-cooks] Parchment-like bacon ...

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 19 11:36:13 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----

Thought I'd add a photo of what lardo di Colonnata looks like sliced:

http://z.about.com/d/italianfood/1/0/4/0/1/lardosliced.jpg

Lardo is made throughout Italy, but it's particularly a specialty of Tuscany and the di Colonnata stuff is the "official" lardo. Traditionally, the di Colonnata stuff is cured with "black pepper, sea salt, little pieces of garlic, rosemary, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, cloves, aniseed, sage and origano." (from here: http://www.tuscanjourney.org/made-in-tuscany/lardo-di-colonnata/).

Now I want to go find some and wrap some quail in it ...

Gianotta