[Sca-cooks] PAM stuff stripping off the seasoning on iron ware?

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Mar 19 13:28:39 PDT 2008

Yes I do actually know all about that topic. The University of Illinois
is located in Urbana-Champaign and in Champaign there is the Kraft plant
that in fact made hydrogenated soybean oils.
The plant was strategically located in Champaign, Illinois and has grown
to be the largest (square footage) food manufacturing facility in North
America with over 34 acres or 1,600,000 sq ft under roof. The Champaign
facility produces process cheese; pasta based dinners such as Mac Cheese
and a variety of salad dressings, as well as Miracle Whip and
Mayonnaise. The Champaign facility also houses Kraft's largest private
fleet of trucks with 44 tractors and 120 trailers. To support our
commitment to minimize impact to the environment, an 18,200 sq ft
recycling center was completed in 1991.

Would you like a list of sources that you can look up at a university
library
on the topic? If you just want to search under kraft  hydrogenated oils,
you can read
about all the lawsuits.

Johnna