[Sca-cooks] Sign of the Times perhaps --Dinner at Crown - cancelled

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Fri May 23 03:57:19 PDT 2008

>Here, it is a bit of both. We have only had one Event that I know of
>where the vendor insisted that their cooks do the cooking and the
>menu planning. It did not go well. They did not plan enough food and
>there were other issues.?
>
>Neither I, nor anyone I know of would pay that kind of price for
>that kind of menu. Frankly, I am appalled, and if I were in that
>group, would have insisted on finding another, more compliant venue.
>They are out there....somewhere....
>
>I was just trying to give a cost comparison.
>
>So, what would $25 per Adult cover in your Kingdom?
>
>Helen

Shoot. $25 is often the cost for an entire coronet weekend: the
event, plus Saturday lunch (simple dayboard), a feast on Saturday
evening, and leftovers / breakfast on Sunday. Saturday morning is
often a fundraiser by some group (a few bucks donation max), and
often there is a Friday eve social soup/bread from the hosting group
(free) for arriving travelers and site workers doing set up.

And that's in Alaska, where everything is higher (except gas prices,
where we're a tad lower on average, since we pump it ourselves and
process some instate).

Morgana yr Oerfa
--
Wit is educated insolence. -Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)