[Sca-cooks] Barbeque sauce

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 9 07:20:48 PST 2008

On Nov 9, 2008, at 7:21 AM, I wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2008, at 2:36 AM, Susan Fox wrote:
>
>> Charles Perry recommends the following BBQ sauce from the LA TIMES
>> archives.  We made it with chicken drummettes and they vanished
>> quickly.
>>
>> Selene
>
> This looks a lot like the recipe from Anne London's "The American-
> Jewish Cookbook" (which recipe I've used a time or two; it's great
> on chicken...). The source is more or less a Kosher Joy Of Cooking...

Of course, looking at it again, I should point out that in  order for
this to actually be Kosher, and to be used with meat, you'd presumably
want to use some sort of non-dairy margarine or vegetable oil...

Not that this was the original intent, necessarily. As I said, it just
looked familiar...

Awright, I'm goin' out now ;-)

Adamantius