[Sca-cooks] OT: Old Maple Flavoring

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 5 21:00:31 PST 2008

Mora mentioned:

<<< Maple Flavoring should mean it is artificially made. Maple
extract should
mean come from the trees and boiled down to a syrup consistency. Then
distilled
for the extract or pure maple extract. Does anyone else remember the
lecture
we  got at the maple tree farm before we went a mapling? >>>

Who is "anyone else" and "we"?  Where was this lecture and maple tree
farm? Sounds interesting. I've read an interesting book on Maple
sugar and syrup, but I've seldom had any and never seen it produced.
About the only time I've had a chance to sample multiple varieties at
one time was at Pennsic.

Of course I've seldom seen this stuff you all call "snow" either,
although I've made the period stuff. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com