[Sca-cooks] Flooded Apples?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Nov 24 13:13:49 PST 2008

> <<< I know that Rumpolt uses flour dusted over things to be fried in
> butter in
> his Flooded Apples recipe, which has been well-received here. >>>
>
> Thanks for another example.  What are "Flooded" apples?
>
> I assume these are sliced or chopped apples floured and then fried.
> Does it specify to peel the apples first?

No peeling, just cored and quartered:

47. Take apples/ and cut them quarterways/ sprinkle them with flour/
and toss them in hot butter/ and bake [fry] them/ sprinkle them with
sugar/ and give
warm to the table/ so it is called geschwembt [flooded] apples.

(Gwencat's translation)

It makes a very yummy desert item, especially when paired with Sabrina
Welserin's "Snow".
--
-- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
jenne at fiedlerfamily.net