[Sca-cooks] OT&OOP-Cranberries

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Wed Nov 26 19:53:46 PST 2008

Ok, so I've jumped on the cranberry bandwagon.   We're going out to be Santa
and Mrs. C tomorrow, so I'm not cooking.  But somehow, not cooking on a
night when EVERYONE else in America IS cooking just seemed wrong, and I had
these cranberries and other fruits....
So I have a fruit compote bubbling merrily away on the stove right now.
Cranberries, oranges, orange zest, a pink grapefruit, 3 kinds of apples,
some blueberries, ginger, allspice, cloves, and cinnamon, and agave nectar.
Oh, and just a touch of maple syrup.  I think I have some blueberry brandy
to finish it with, or maybe even some Chambord.  I'll have to dig in my
dusty liqueur bottles and see what odd things are down there.

I made turkey thighs and roasted root vegetables the other night, and I'm
thinking about making a batch of wild rice or maybe a blend yet tonight.  So
I should be all set for leftovers, without having the feast here!  LOL

Happy Thanksgiving, Cooks! As always, I am very thankful for this list - my
goodness, how many years now?  It boggles the mind!

Be safe, cook well, and pace yourself!
Christianna