[Sca-cooks] Largesse

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Tue Oct 14 09:29:16 PDT 2008

Largesse is stuff you keep on hand to give away as gifts.  Kings and nobles
and peers will often give out largesse when someone does something that
pleases them.  In period, there are many references to Kings as
"ring-givers", meaning the king took a ring off of his hand and presented it
to someone for a noteworthy deed.

When I go to A&S competitions, I take small trinkets (sometimes small
packets of period spices) with my card attached so that I can leave them for
the artisans that impress me.  When I had my Laurel's vigil, I had created
pins with a variation of my device on it to give to everyone that attended
my vigil room and my ceremony.

You could draw a correlation between giving largesse and throwing out beads
at a Mardis Gras parade, I suppose ;)

Christianna