[Sca-cooks] Venison Recipes Wanted

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 22 14:06:23 PDT 2008

Serena da Riva asked:

<<< I have had a request from a cook that I mentor for suggestions for
tasty, period, venison recipes. I have absolutely no experience
cooking Bambi so I told her I would pass her request on to this august
list. >>>

Try this file in the FOOD-MEATS section of the Florilegium:
venison-msg       (52K) 10/ 7/08    Medieval and modern recipes for
venison.

<<< Game Meat Impaired >>>

We can't have that.  See these other files:

butchering-msg    (56K)  1/ 9/08    Overview of butchering livestock
and game.
butch-goat-art    (16K)  7/14/98    "Butchering a Live Goat, for (and
by)
                                        Beginners" by Charles
McCathieNevile.
exotic-meats-msg (100K)  4/18/08    Period and SCA exotic meats.
Swans, ostrich,
                                        crawfish, dormice, cat.
rabbit-dishes-msg (64K) 12/24/06    Period rabbit and hare recipes.
snails-msg        (14K)  1/15/08    Eating of snails in period. Recipes.
whale-meat-msg     (7K)  6/26/05    Use of whale and porpoise meat in
period.
                                        Recipes. Substitutions.
:-)

Stefan
(who just lost a job to another candidate an hour before I was
supposed to arrive for my interview. Sigh.)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com