[Sca-cooks] Venison Recipes Wanted

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 22 14:29:02 PDT 2008

Ana said:

<<< I cook often venison since we have a lot of game in Sweden. A
couple of
friends are good hunters and provide me with good venison, deer, elk,
reindeer. >>>

Doesn't venison come from deer?

The only time I've gotten to enjoy venison is at SCA feasts, since I
don't have any friends that are hunters. And how "good" the barony's
hunters are determines whether we get chunks of venison or venison stew.

<<< We usually cook it with honey, dark ale (porter) and mustard and
it tastes
just wonderful. You can also make a marinade with mustard and honey
as well. >>>

When you say "mustard" here, are you talking about a mustard sauce or
just ground mustard seed?

<<< We serve it with chantarelles and lingonberries. >>>

What are "chantarelles"? is this one of the preserved meats talked
about here previously?  Unfortunately over here in Ansteorra the only
lingonberries were in preserves/jams and they weren't cheap!

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com