[Sca-cooks] Synonym Assistance

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 10 05:45:09 PDT 2008

Technically, this would be a congealation, a word that covers a multitude of
jelly-like substances, particularly those made without pectin or gelatin.

Paluze, palude, and pelte appear to be used synonomously.  The derivation
appears to be from Persian into Turkish, "palude" meaning strained, probably
in reference to the fruit.  One definition given of  "paluze" is blancmange,
but I have no idea how trustworthy that is.

And here are a couple sites that might be of interest:

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=147438&bolum=124

http://www.historyofgreekfood.com/?p=21

Bear