[Sca-cooks] [OT/OOP] Comfort food experience

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 28 07:56:55 PDT 2008

I had a hard time believing how powerful childhood food memories can be until today. This morning, I went fleamarketing and grabbed 'The Better Homes & garden American Heritage Cookbook" for EUR 4. I started reading bits and pieces, fairly unaffected, until I got to the 'New England' section. During the chapter on Pennsylvania Dutch cooking, I nearly cried. My grandmother cooked that stuff for me when I came visiting. I've never been within a thousand miles of there, but still - it's the way my grandmother cooks, and that's apparently enough.

Now I need a local source for maple syrup.

Giano