[Sca-cooks] Service Animal

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Aug 12 11:15:25 PDT 2009

In a message dated 8/12/2009 1:53:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
osermart at msu.edu writes:

<<Why not?  There was someone there with a "service cat"...  Plus, I have
it from Someone In Authority that the powers that be can't ask what you need
the service critter for or even ask for proof that it actually is a service
critter.>>

Actually, I believe it says in the Pennsic rules that you must provide
proper certifaction for your service animal when pre-regging or arriving...

Hmmm.  Nope.  Just says "properly trained service animals will be admitted"
and that Disability Services will check you and your service animal in when
you arrive at the gate.  The only actual regulation I saw was that owners
of canine service animals must provide proof of rabies vaccination, and the
collar tag ISN'T sufficeint unless it includes the expiration date of the
vaccination.
There'a also a note that for further policies regarding service animals,
one should contact the Coordinator of Disability Services; perhaps in those
policies it mentions something about showing proof of training as a service
animal.

Brangwayna Morgan
Shire of Silver Rylle, East Kingdom
Lancaster, PA