[Sca-cooks] OP/OT: Wanted: Opinions on Controversial article

Ginny Beatty ginbeatty at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 06:01:35 PDT 2009

You know, this is excellent advice. Written by a youth in her own
voice for youths based on her own experience.
I'm not a parent, but I do bring my 12-year old niece to events and
would give her this kind of advice about strangers, etiquette,
property, knocking first, noise levels, etc. It's basic common sense.
If you look at any young adult book section, there are lots of titles
for "how to survive x (middle school, mean girls, strangers, etc,
etc.)" Having something like it written in an SCA context would be
useful.

I'm going to write her and thank her for having the courage to write
an article like this

Gwyneth, OL