[Sca-cooks] Something for Librarians and Book lovers [OT] [OOP]

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Dec 4 09:43:25 PST 2009

Johnna Holloway wrote:
> You can of course actually search Google and turn up
> items under "stupid reference questions".

Of course ... my Good Buddy Google _knows_ where
_everything_ is to be found.

> http://librarianintheraw.blogspot.com/2007/05/stupid-reference-questions.html
>
> http://www.unshelved.com/archive.aspx?strip=20080725

Very good references ... did anyone check the book titles
on the first link?

I followed the second link and found ...

a. Unshelved, July 27, 2008,
http://www.unshelved.com/archive.aspx?strip=20080727

Hildegard von Bingen??????

b. Unshelved, Sunday, August 03, 2008,
http://www.unshelved.com/archive.aspx?strip=20080803

Which reminded me of an internet comic I have begun
to follow ... Delusionary State ...

"In which misguided scientists and a host of others
invade fantastic realms previously thought fictional
(and frequently almost kill themselves)."

2 examples chosen from Delusionary State  ...
"The Emerald Engagement; Part 1: A Crack in the Sky".
http://delusionarystate.com/comic.php?date=2009-05-25
http://delusionarystate.com/comic.php?date=2009-07-06

> There's also a book called The Truth About Reference Librarians
> by Will Manley.   Synopsis
> Did you know that the first question ever asked of a reference
> librarian was "Where's the bathroom?"

[snip]

> ... instructions of the care and  feeding of reference
> librarians, and a list of some of the oddest  actual questions
> ever put to reference librarians.
>
> Johnnae
> (who was named uberlibrarian this week)
>
> On Dec 4, 2009, at 8:40 AM, Martin G. Diehl wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Here is something for all of our Librarians and Book lovers
>>
>> As seen on Aaron Williams' Blog,
>> Thu, Dec 3rd. 3:14am,
>> http://ps238principal.livejournal.com/105659.html
>>
>> In which Aaron Williams says,
>> "In honor of my sister, the uber-librarian, I offer up this
>> list of fail-ridden conversations with used booksellers."
>> http://www.bookmine.com/stupid.php

Comments, please ...

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

Visit my online gallery at Renderosity [3D Artist's Community]
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge, but so little time and bandwidth
--MGD