[Sca-cooks] Sugarplums

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Dec 11 17:03:47 PST 2009

Actually I did my search through EEBO-TCP using the terms
sugar near plum*. I was looking for earlier mentions than OED's late
17th century ones
and EEBO-TCP is the place to look. It's quite useful when one wants
earlier quotations
than OED.
I trusted that Stefan would chime in with
the Florilegium sources. I'm afraid I never used Google or checked the
Florilegium this time.

Johnnae