[Sca-cooks] What to make
kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 08:45:36 PST 2009
This is one that was printed in the Washignton Post a few days back:
Brown Sugar Shortbread
Yield: 3 dozen
8 ounces unsalted butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1. Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven; preheat to 325
degrees. Have an ungreased 9-by-13-inch baking pan at hand
2. Combine the butter and both sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer or
hand-held electric mixer; beat on medium speed for about 1 minute, just
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the vanilla extract and
salt. Add the flour in 2 additions, beating just until incorporated.
4. Use your fingers or a sturdy rubber spatula to press the dough evenly
over the bottom of the pan.
5. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the shortbread is golden brown. The
edges will be slightly darker; do not underbake.
6. Transfer the pan to a wire rack; let cool in the pan for 5 to 10
7. Use a sharp, thin-bladed knife to cut the shortbread, still in the
pan, into 36 rectangles. Let cool completely in the pan before serving or
Is this what you were looking for?
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Georgia Foster <jo_foster81 at hotmail.com>wrote:
> I've lost my reciepe for Brown Sugar Shortbread.
More information about the Sca-cooks