[Sca-cooks] Pasta Carbonara and Eggs Benedict

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 23 04:35:25 PST 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 7:21 AM, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> If we are going to pick at nits, the name really should be Pasta alla Carbonara, and you forgot black pepper in your list of ingredients.  It is a must.
>
> Huette

Well, yes, if we were going to pick at nits, I agree that those would be important. Except changing a non-dairy-farm dish made by tossing ingredients together to cook in the residual heat of the cooked pasta and meat into a dairy-farm dish of pasta with a cooked sauce applied at service is not so much a nit as a land lobster.

It's not an addition begged by logic and the character of the dish is completely changed.

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter