[Sca-cooks] A Question about farmer's cheese

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 23 07:08:21 PST 2009

There are two different styles of cheese labelled "Farmer's Cheese" that show up at my supermarket.  One is a firm cheese, with a consistency like Monterey Jack, but with a milder flavor, and is available year-round.  The other, which only shows up a couple of times a year, is packaged like Philadelphia style cheese, and has a consistency between that of cream cheese and drained ricotta.


My question is: when a recipe calls for farmer's cheese, which type should I use?  


Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service.

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list