[Sca-cooks] A Question about farmer's cheese

Susan Lin susanrlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 07:23:19 PST 2009

Well, I assume that means the Friendship kind - the kind that looks like
philadelphia style". Friendship is the company who makes it or makes most of
it.  We also used to call it "pot cheese" - don't as me, my grandmother was
from Russia!

The other kind, if memory serves, is more Pennsylvania Dutch and is as you
said, much firmer.

I'm sure someone will disagree with me.


On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Jennifer Carlson <talana1 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> There are two different styles of cheese labelled "Farmer's Cheese" that
> show up at my supermarket.  One is a firm cheese, with a consistency like
> Monterey Jack, but with a milder flavor, and is available year-round.  The
> other, which only shows up a couple of times a year, is packaged like
> Philadelphia style cheese, and has a consistency between that of cream
> cheese and drained ricotta.
> My question is: when a recipe calls for farmer's cheese, which type should
> I use?
> Talana
> _________________________________________________________________
> Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service.
> http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/
> _______________________________________________
> Sca-cooks mailing list
> Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org
> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/sca-cooks-ansteorra.org

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list