[Sca-cooks] A Question

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Thu Dec 24 22:42:30 PST 2009

Starlings and sparrows are not protected in Minnesota.
"Subd. 52. Unprotected birds. "Unprotected birds" means English sparrow,
blackbird, starling, magpie, cormorant, common pigeon, chukar partridge,
quail other than bob-white quail, mute swan, and great horned owl."
Though there may have been a change to the last bird as federal lists all
owls are protected.
You may have to have a permit.
Anyway, I am teasing about the hunt. I doubt that even if you got the
starlings that folks would actually eat them, no matter how delicious you
made them.

De