[Sca-cooks] Il famoso convito 1561

edoard at medievalcookery.com edoard at medievalcookery.com
Thu Dec 3 06:49:47 PST 2009

Woah!  Something caught my eye on this.  Take a look at the page at the
URL below:

http://www.archive.org/stream/ilfamosoconvitoc00inmi#page/n18/mode/1up

At the top of the page, first column, the first two entries are
"Broccoli" and "Fiore di cauoli", which I assume are broccoli and
cauliflower.

It's nice to see them listed separately in a book printed in 1561,
especially considering how recently the myth was going around on the
internet that broccoli was invented in the 1700s by ancestors of Albert
Broccoli (producer of the Bond films).

This is one of the earliest references I've seen to broccoli.

Thanks for posting the link.

- Doc