[Sca-cooks] Pasta Carbonara and Eggs Benedict

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 23 18:07:02 PST 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 7:21 AM, Huette von Ahrens wrote:

If we are going to pick at nits, the name really should be Pasta alla
Carbonara, and you forgot black pepper in your list of ingredients.
It is a must.

Huette

Well, yes, if we were going to pick at nits, I agree that those would
be important. Except changing a non-dairy-farm dish made by tossing
ingredients together to cook in the residual heat of the cooked pasta
and meat into a dairy-farm dish of pasta with a cooked sauce applied
at service is not so much a nit as a land lobster.

It's not an addition begged by logic and the character of the dish is
completely changed.

Adamantius
=======

Wow. Definitely not what I had come to know as "pasta Carbonara". I
still like what I've had, but would like to try these others some day.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com