[Sca-cooks] Greek yogurt RE: cream cheese

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 14 14:53:46 PST 2009

D'vorah said:
<<< When I make Greek yogurt for myself, I start with Nancy's yogurt,
a brand I'm not sure is USA-wide; >>>

Okay. Now, I'm confused.

What is the difference between "Greek yogurt" and "yogurt"?  I thought
it was a different process or critter (yeast?) being used. But if that
is the case, how could you turn one version into the other? And if so,
why not start with milk instead of another yogurt?

How do you take Nancy's yogurt, or a substitute and turn it into Greek
yogurt? I've never made homemade yogurt, and I'm unfamiliar with that
process.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------